Monday, January 27, 2014

One Year Ago...


Today marks one year since my PawPaw Lee passed away rather unexpectedly. Two weeks after his funeral, I found out I was pregnant with Forest. 
After 3 years of praying for a baby, I don't think the timing was coincidental. Maybe it's cheesy or sentimental, but I have this image of my PawPaw hand delivering my prayer to God. And though this year brought about the passing of my family's patriarch, it also brought the birth of two new lads to our family. 


Still, we are all missing PawPaw Lee every day, but especially today. Please send your prayers to my grandma, my dad and my Aunt Beth who are certainly feeling the loss most profoundly on this anniversary.    
 "This may be the last time I see you,
forgive me for holding you close.
This may be the last time I see you,
so of this moment I will make the most."
-Ben Harper

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about feeling like it isn't a coincidence. I actually found out I was pregnant with my second on the morning of the day that my grandmother passed away. Such a strange feeling and a roller coaster of emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful man. Our prayers are with the entire family as we reflect on this past year which has been a rough one with the loss of Lee and a joyous one with the arrival of Forests and Andrew. Thanks for putting some of those feelings into such beautiful words. Miss you and Love you much

    ReplyDelete