Thursday, April 12, 2012

Visas Approved


Our Visas were approved!!! Woohoo!! Happy Dance! And we received them with enough time to spare so that we’ll still get to make a pre-assignment visit to Aberdeen. Our current plan is to leave this weekend, giving me only 2.5 days to pack. Yikes!
Unfortunately, HGTV has not gotten back to me on my offer to let them feature us on House Hunters International. Whatevs. Their loss (sniff, sniff). But don’t worry, I will be keeping you informed about our experience in finding the perfect Scottish home.
Ahhhh. I am just so excited!  I have a UK Visa. Can I just gush about that for a minute? Life is good. Life is very, very good.
The only snafu is that for some reason the UK embassy overnighted our passports to California. Why this happened is a complete mystery. Regardless, we managed to track them down and arrange for them to be re-overnighted to Houston. We are fervently praying that they will be delivered to us by Saturday so that we can leave the country on Sunday. I sure picked the wrong week to stop biting my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment