Monday, March 5, 2012

Sticker Shock

When we were originally compiling our list of 5 places we’d be willing to move, we’d play a game of what Jonathan would get me as a consolation prize for each location. For instance, moving to Angola would get me a vacation to the South African wine country, whilst a move to Thailand would result in a stay at the elephant orphanage.
Scotland’s assigned prize was a Burberry trench coat. When the result of Jon’s recent job offer was Aberdeen, he said to me, “Just let me know when you want to buy your trench coat and I will transfer $500 to the spending account”. My response? ”It’s super adorable that you’re going to hold up your end of the bargain, honey. And also, super adorable that you think a Burberry trench coat only costs $500".


Classic Burberry Trench:  $1,450. The look on Jonathan’s face when I told him this: priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment