Monday, May 13, 2013

My First Mother's Day



This weekend, I celebrated my very first Mother’s Day as an expectant momma. I didn’t give it much thought, but was pleasantly surprised to find that Jonathan had. The day started with him letting me sleep in, all the way until 10 AM! It was a pregnant girl’s dream come true. 

Then when I woke up hungry, he went downstairs and cooked me breakfast burritos. After breakfast, we watched Amazing Race for about an hour before I declared it naptime (told y’all I was tired!). 

As a gift, Jonathan surprised me with a silk eye mask, to aid with my beauty sleep during the long Scottish summer days. It worked like a charm and I was able to get a 2 hour power nap in, before finally getting up for the day. 

After my nap, Jonathan and I both worked out, and right before I was jumping into the shower, the doorbell rang with a flower delivery for me. 
And the surprises didn’t end there. One of my favorite things on earth is junk food, especially in the form of fast food cheeseburgers and fries. Since Jonathan is Mr. Healthy, we rarely indulge in my mal-nutritious inclinations. However, since it was Mother’s Day, he suggested we go out to my favorite restaurant for dinner. 
Cheeseburgers, and chicken nuggets and fries- Oh my! It was the perfect ending to my first Mother’s Day. The whole occasion felt remarkably similar to my birthday which made me realize that from now on, I pretty much get 2 special days a year all to myself. It also made me realize that I better start planning some Father’s Day surprises for my expectant hubby. 

I hope all of you mommas, expectant mommas and fur baby mammas had a special day with your families this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment