Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bump Day: 16 weeks


As of today, I’m in my 16th week of pregnancy and everyday my bump gets a little bit more defined. I seem to be carrying high, which according to Old Wives Tales, means that baby jelly bean is a girl. However, according to 90% of the other old wives tales, baby is a boy. Also, according to the intuition of my closest friends and family, baby is already referred to as ‘he’ because they just know it’s a boy. 

Exactly one month until we find out for sure! I know it sounds lame, but we’d be thrilled either way. Before trying to conceive, we both thought we wanted a girl, but after struggling for so long to get pregnant, we’re really just concerned that baby is healthy. Anything beyond that just adds to the excitement. 

Now, at first, I was giddy over my growing belly, but now I’m starting to panic. In three weeks, I have to fit into a bridesmaid's dress that I ordered pre-pregnancy. I ordered one size up, just in case, but I’m starting to get concerned that in a few weeks’ time, I won’t be able to zip into the thing. Luckily, it’s A-line in shape and a bit flowly, so I’m hoping that I can pull it off. 

Trouble is that baby is supposed to *double* in size in the next 4 weeks so who knows what I’ll look like on June 1. Here is what I look like today:



 

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! Being a mother is the most amazing experience! You will be a fantastic mama! I hope she has your adventurous spirit and your imagination! - Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were glowing at the luncheon today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of my closest friends said I was having a boy too! Turns out they were right! We were able to find about super early b/c of a placenta problem, but my husband made sure to have them verify this last ultrasound! He didn't want to be tricked, so its def. worth waiting for :)

    ReplyDelete