Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dreaming Tree

It's been a rough couple of days. So rough that it's made me break my 'no wine during the week unless I'm watching ‘The Bachelor' rule. Last night, we popped open this bad boy. Since I know so little about wine, I definitely judge a wine by its bottle. I was originally captivated by the name of the wine, The Dreaming Tree, which happens to be one of my favorite Dave Matthews Band songs. I later discovered that Dave himself collaborated with a California wine maker, Steve Reeder, to create this line of reasonably priced wines (about $12 at Kroger). Currently they distribute three wines: a California red blend, a Chardonnay and a Cabernet.

I’ve only tried the red blend, named Crush, after another famous Dave Matthews song. Red table wine is one of my favorite forms of therapy and this blend is simple, sweet and smooth.

Of course, as a longtime fan, I also love the references to Matthews’music. In fact, the opening lyrics to The Dreaming Tree are even inscribed on the cork. As a cork collector, this will be a favorite for sure. "Standing here, the old man said to me, long before these crowded streets, here stood the Dreaming Tree:- Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment