Wednesday, July 27, 2011

HappyThankYouMorePlease


Stop what you are doing right now and watch HappyThankYouMorePlease immediately.


I’m not usually one to rave about a movie (unless it includes ‘Harry Potter’ in the title), but I just can’t say enough about this inspired film.


I’ve read some complaints about the synopsis of the film not being entirely relevant to the movie. This is probably because the plot isn’t what drives the story, rather the characters themselves propel the storyline forward. But basically the synopsis is: A writer in his later twenties finds a foster child lost on the subway and instead of leaving him alone, impulsively decides to take him home.


Wow, that sounds creepy. It’s really innocent and naïve, I promise.

It's very Garden State meets 500 days of Summer-esque. Just a group of 20-somethings grappling with the fact that they have to grow up. Hmmm... I wonder why I love this genre of movie?


There are several other reasons why I enjoyed this film. It was well written. The acting was outstanding. The characters were well developed and flawed and relatable. It was dramatic and funny and uplifting and charming. So charming that it made me feel like I was totally crushing on a cute boy.


Yes, I have a crush on this movie. And you should too.



I'll leave you with this quote, which is a way better synopsis of the movie than they gave on Netflix:


"Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson



Seriously, go watch it. NOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment