Thursday, August 4, 2011

The many faces of Samson Elijah

Bright and early Monday morning I was at the vet’s office with Samson who was suffering from a nasty infected spider bite on his belly. Caution spiders in the Heights: You bit the wrong dog. I am coming after each and every one of you. You have been warned.

Sorry, the mama bear in me had to get that off of my chest.

Anyhoo, while in the waiting area, I struck up a conversation with Vizsla owner concerning the personalities of our afflicted pups. He said that Sam looked like he had a scowl on his face. I responded with the euphemism: “He has very expressive eyes”.

Poor Sam. Hands down he is the sweetest, most gentle, and happiest puppy in the world, but he gets such a bad rap because of his eyebrows. Even at the vet’s office, he was wagging his tail and greeting every pet and human in the place like he was the office welcoming committee. The only time he stopped wagging his tail was when a thermometer was so rudely shoved into his bottom, but even then he didn’t hold a grudge. As soon as his temperature was taken, his tail started wagging away once again.

But his tail and his face tell two totally different stories. Yes, my baby has very expressive eyes. For example:

"Life is rough."

"I am so humiliated"

"Sounds like a personal problem to me"

"Do I look like I care?"




I love you, little Sam. And don't you worry, Mama will avenge you for your pain and suffering. Spiders, beware.



No comments:

Post a Comment