Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Year's Resolutions in August



I’ve been feeling the urge to make resolutions recently. I think it’s because I spent 20 years of my life in school and then almost immediately went to work for a University. So for me, my new year always starts in August. It’s a time to start fresh, get organized, de-clutter, and be inspired. Two of my “New Year’s Resolutions” this year are to cook one new recipe a week (ideally more vegetarian ones) and to read two books a month.


However, promptly after declaring my new recipe resolution, I discovered it was Houston Restaurant Week. Good thing I’m not one of those people who gives up their resolutions that easily…Okay, maybe I postponed it a week. But for the past two weeks I have stuck to it and am now researching which recipe to try this next week. And I’ve finished one book for August and still have one week to finish the second. I’d say that’s a successful start.

Anyhoo, this week has been chaos with the beginning of the Fall semester so I have fallen behind with my writing. Add that to my resolution list. I’m slowly working on my Chicken and Dumpling Saga (oh yea, it’s a saga) and hope to have it finished this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment