My weekly 'highs and lows' posts are especially fitting during this chapter of my life, because I feel like my state of being fluctuates widely from one day to the next. I’ll have a string of good days followed by a morning where I simply can’t get out of bed. But on the bright side, the good days are becoming more frequent, and the bad days more occasional. Here’s a glimpse of my highs and lows this week:
1) Yesterday was a really bad day. A sleep til noon, don’t take a shower, eat cereal for every meal kind of day.
|It was a beautiful day yesterday, but this was my view...|
I cried several times in sheer frustration, just so mad at feeling so utterly worthless. It got to the point where I just had to watch Forrest Gump and let myself just cry it out for some good catharsis. I wouldn’t wish morning sickness on my worst enemy. It is the pits.
2) In the midst of my no-good-very-bad-day yesterday, a neighbor thought it would be a great time to leave me this little note asking if I would sweep the ‘chuckies’ from the sidewalk in front of my house.
First off, I don’t know what ‘chuckies’ are. A ‘Chucky’ in my mind is sociopathic doll. But in this case, I’m assuming it the Doric term for 'gravel'. We have a gravel driveway and so when we pull our car in and out, sometimes the gravel spills onto the sidewalk. Usually our gardener takes care of this, but with the winter weather, he hasn’t been by in a while.
And since the winter weather coincided with my falling pregnant, sweeping the chuckies back into my driveway hasn’t been at the top of my priority list. So, dear neighbor, please GET OVER IT. I have enough guilt in my life right now with trying to inadequately care for my husband and pups, so if the state of my front garden is bothering you, be my guest and sweep up the chuckies yourself. Sorry, had to vent a little bit…
Now on to more pleasant subjects, here are the highs of the week.
1) Getting confirmation about our baby shipment from the US. We can ship anything up to 500 pounds (as in weight, not British currency) of goods. Since most of the cribs and conversion sets we are looking at come to about 150 pounds and the changing tables come to about the same, that will leave us with 200 pounds for a stroller and some other things. Any must have items that we should make sure to stock up on?
2) Girl time with Pam and Bailey at Balmedie Beach.
It was great to get some fresh air and stretch my legs, while simultaneously exercising Bailey (which has quickly become my most cumbersome chore). It’s so much better when I can just let her off of a leash and let her chase seagulls for an hour while I take a leisurely stroll with a buddy.
3) Sushi fix. Don’t judge me; I stuck with the deep fried kind of sushi.
Brits love their mustard, and I’ve been craving a crunchy roll dipped in some tarty mustard for weeks now. I was glad I finally got to indulge my craving this week.
It’s just fun, especially when you’re on a winning streak. Baby must be lucky.
Alright, it's about 2:30 in the afternoon which is pregnant-speak for naptime. But what about you? Highs and lows this week?