Hey Friends! Happy March! Today I am super busy with packing for my Alpine ski trip while simultaneously soaking up some puppy love before I drop the dogs off at the kennel tomorrow. So here is just a short blurb on my highs and lows for the week.
1) Packing. Packing is always the low point of any travel experience. Packing for a ski trip is doubly hard because ski clothes are so stinkin’ bulky. Luckily, most of our meals will be catered in our chalet which means dinner time in my jammies. However, I do plan on doing some sightseeing and restaurant sampling which will require actual pants.
2) Feeling crummy this week. Have the starts of a head cold that I’m trying desperately to ward off with vitamins and orange juice.
3) Bailey had 3 incidents of running away this week which put me in a panic. One time was during a walk with my friend Pam, so in addition to being scared out of my mind I was also mega-embarrassed. It was for this reason that she was left behind during this week’s big hike to Clachnaben.
I’m chalking her disobedience up to the fact that she was in the kennel for 3 weeks while I was in the States and just isn’t back into training mode yet. When we get back from France, it’s doggie boot camp time.
1) Eating the best fish and chips in the UK.
2) Taking in the breath-taking scenery at Clachnaben while hiking with some of my best girls.
3) Purple smoothies with matching purple straws.
4) Ending my mahjong losing streak.
5) Samson's new haircut.
When Cavalier's get their haircut, they look like puppies again. It's so stinkin' adorable that it actually kind of hurts. Is there any way I could sneak this cutie into my carry-on for the trip?
I miss him already.
6) Celebrating with my husband over some good news from work. I’m so proud of him and what a smartie he is. I’m so blessed to spend my days hiking and eating fish and chips and walking the dogs and blogging and playing mahjong. None of this would be possible if he didn’t work so hard and do such a darn good job at it. I’m one very smitten housewife.
That’s it on my end. What were your highs and lows of the week?