Things are really back in full swing this week. We had our first AWA meeting on Wednesday morning and from that point until now, my life has been consumed with activity after activity. Which means that I only had Monday and Tuesday to get my chores done and my errands run. Which means I didn’t do my chores or run my errands. Which means I’m spending my Friday evening scrubbing toilets and renting kilts. Oh joy. Here’s a glimpse back at this week’s highs and lows.
1) Even though my Grandpa’s condition has greatly improved, he’s still not out of the woods. Your continued prayers for his recovery are greatly appreciated.
2) We had some pretty wild weather this week which lead to some stressful and hazardous driving conditions.
3) I partook in my first ever cycling class this week and by the end of it, my tailbone hurt so badly that I had to sit on a pillow for the remainder of the week. Ouch.
4)I’ve been so super busy for the past 3 days that I’m filled with Mommy guilt over not getting the pups out more and housewife guilt over all of my neglected house duties.
Why can’t I be one of those rich housewives with a maid, dog-walker, and a personal chef? First world problem?
Now on to why I didn’t have time to complete my wifely and paw-rent duties this week…
1) My girls are back in town!
We finally have the rest of the group home from their holiday festivities and it’s so much fun to get together and play catch up. Especially when it involves watching The Bachelor and eating Thai take out.
I had a great time running through it with Bailey, photographing it with Sam by my side, hiking through it with some of my best pals, and just being enchanted as I watched it swirl down from the sky with a hot cuppa in my hand.
It’s in the forecast for the for-seeable future so get ready for lots of redundant photographs!
3) Tickets booked. Plans made. Get ready Houston, I’m coming home! I’ll be in the US for 2 weeks in February and I just can’t wait to see my family and friends! And shop at Target! And eat Mexican food! And wear a short sleeve shirt! God Bless the U.S.A.
4) Getting a long and detailed email from my pen pal Jill. She’s the one who just had baby Mirabell about a month ago, so it was so heart warming to get the latest scoop of how she and her hubs are adjusting to parenthood. Dontcha just love emails like that? Made my day!
5) I’m getting my Mahjong groove back. I had a great time playing with girl friends this morning, and it didn’t hurt that I Mahjonged twice.
I’m so excited that I have my very own set and can play whenever I want. Except that you need 3-4 people to play, and 2 of the 4 members of our family lack opposable thumbs and the capacity for abstract thinking. So, if you’re in the Aberdeen area and feel like playing, you’ve got a standing invitation to come over to my house anytime, though I can’t promise I won’t be wearing my pajamas. After the week I’ve had, I feel a few pajamas days coming on.
How was your week? Highs and Lows?