Friday, January 11, 2013

Highs and Low (singular)


Boo to cold fronts. Our two week period of temperatures consistently in the upper 40s and low 50s is over, and snow is back on the menu in Aberdeen. 
I’m afraid that now I’ll have re-acclimate to the cold. It’s 40 out right now and I just want to bundle up with a book and a pair of extraordinarily cute spaniels. But before I can do that, I’ve got to post my highs and lows, so let’s get started. 

Low (singular): 
1) My grandfather’s health. He remains in ICU and it’s unclear if he will make a recovery. Right now I’m trying to decide if I should pack my bags and fly to St. Louis. I don’t want to over-react, but I also don’t want to miss out on a chance to say goodbye or to support my grandmother and parents. Fortunately, Jonathan’s company would pay for my airfare in an emergency situation, but for now I’m just putting my stuff in a pile in case I need to head to the airport. It’s a tough way to go about your day.   
Me and my two grandpa's at my LSU graduation.
Highs: 
1) People are starting to trickle back into town and life is getting back to normal after the holiday. The AWA is back in full swing which leaves my days full and my heart happy. We also started off our Bachelor viewing group last night. Have you seen Sean Lowe? Hubba Hubba. 
SOURCE
2) I got my first Mahjong on my very own Mahjong set this morning. My in-laws got me this set for Christmas, which is a good thing because our AWA group has grown so much that we were in need of an additional set today. So much fun! 
3) Facetime with Talia and baby Kye. It’s so amazing to see my best friend turn into a momma and it fills my heart with joy.
I’m sorry this is so short, but I gotta go (sort of) pack and eventually make a decision about whether or not I should bite the bullet and fly home tomorrow. Please please please pray that my grandpa remains stable and continues to recover. Your prayers are crazy powerful and we would crazily appreciate you saying a few for my PawPaw Lee. Thank you so much. 

What about you? Highs and Lows this week?Any prayers that I might be able to say on behalf of your friends and family?

No comments:

Post a Comment