1. My BFF April is here in Scotland to celebrate with me.I’ll post a whole lot more about that later, but suffice to say, I’m having a great time showing her all of the reasons I love this country. And so far, the weather has been cooperating with her visit so I’m praying that the sunny skies and mild temperatures continue.
2. My husband surprised me on Friday night when he plopped this little bag down in front of me.
Apparently, he does listen, and he got me that classic Burberry trench that I have been wanting since I was about 3 years old.
Great Job, honey!
3. After bestowing the beautiful rain coat on me, he whisked me away to a romantic dinner which turned out to be a surprise get-together with some great friends. I was honored and blessed to have this crew get together after a long week to celebrate the slow and agonizing death of my twenties.
They made the night extra special by ensuring that the restaurant, Granite Gate (HIGHLY recommend!), could supply Sticky Toffee Pudding, despite it not being offered on the dinner menu.
AND they got me a new camera strap, just in time for my cross country road trip with April.
This will make lugging around a 400 ton camera so much easier. AND they got me an amazing fancy-schmancy candle which is awesome since our moving company wouldn't pack our candles so I'm starting all over in that department. And I have two dogs, so good smelling candles are always a must.
Thanks a million guys! You are the absolute best and I thank God for each one of you every single day.
4. This last one was a gift from Scotland itself. When I woke up at the crack of dawn to walk my hubby to work and take Bailey for a forest run, this sunrise was waiting to greet me.
Bailey’s run quickly turned into more of a photography stroll, but she cooperated and we were both in awe of this amazing view.
Yep, the Scottish sky was really showing off this morning and I feel blessed to witness the beauty of this country on a daily basis.
Now, I’ll need your participation for gift number 5.
5. My blog reader’s supply me with great suggestions for a road trip playlist! I need your help guys. I’m trying to put together the perfect “mix tape” for our cross country road trip and would love your input. What are your favorite sing-alongs for long trips in the car? I'd super duper appreciate any suggestions you could give me. And you sort of have to comply, because it's sort of my birthday which makes me sort of more important than the Queen of England.
I hope you have a happy my birthday!