Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gender Reveal Playlist


Okay readers, I need your help. Our gender reveal party is less than 48 hours away (Eeek!) and I’m trying to put together an appropriate “baby” playlist. The songs can be gender specific, ala ‘Anything Like Me’ by Brad Paisley... 
or ‘My Little Girl’ by Time McGraw...
They can also be generally about little ones, such as this tune by Lucy Schwartz.
I’ve added some songs that have personal significance to Jonathan and I, such as ‘Evangeline Rose’ by Marc Broussard (one of our favorite songs and a possible girl name for baby jelly bean)...
or ‘Haven’t Met You Yet’ by Michael Buble.
When we first realized we might have some difficulty conceiving, I used to listen to this upbeat song on my runs, to remind me that, in my heart, I trusted that our future held children even if I had no idea what mysterious route they would take into our lives.

"I might have to wait. I'll never give up. I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck. Wherever you are, whenever it's right, you'll come out of nowhere and into my life."

So, do you have any songs that would fit in nicely onto our baby playlist for the party? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!  

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie. What an exciting time!! Can't wait to hear boy or girl...
    "my girl" temtations
    "be my baby" ronettes
    "baby love" supremes
    "yakkity yak, don't talk back" the coasters
    'we are gonna be friends" & "better together" jack johnson
    "butterfly kisses" so sappy but c'mon, a classic
    "my daughters eyes" martina mcbride
    "sweet baby of mine" the dumbo soundtrack (it's SUPER sappy and old school, may not be party worthy, but you should listen to it. My friend set some newborn photos of Mirabell to it and I cry every time)

    ReplyDelete