Friday, December 28, 2012

Highs and Lows, Christmas Edition

It’s been a weird week with Jonathan having 2 ½ days off right smack in the middle of it. It was nice to have a weekend built into the work week, but also left me super busy with chores and errands on the few days where he did go to work. Hopefully next week will settle more into a routine so that I don’t have to clean the entire house in one day. Bleh. I prefer to space it out. But since I don’t have that luxury and still have toilets to scrub and stairs to vacuum, let’s get down to business. Here are this week's highs and lows.

Lows:
1) Today is Tanvi and Ram’s official moving day. I’m wishing them all the luck in the world and I’m excited to see what adventures Dubai has in store for them. I’m praying that they find a group of friends that is as supportive and fun as what they are leaving behind in Aberdeen. But I’m also super pouty and sad about the fact that they don’t live here anymore.
Tanvi, you better keep that blog updated on a regular basis and please please please post as many pictures of Luca as possible. I need my fix.

2) Spending Christmas away from family. That’s all I have to say about that.
3) I got a notice from Blogger that I was infringing on someone’s copyrights and if I didn’t fix the issue my blog would be removed and that perhaps I should seek legal consul. Bloggers, beware…even if you source a photo, some trolls will police your blog that only your friends and family follow and threaten to shut down your non-profitable operation. Good to know. So now I am trying to go back and make sure I didn’t make that mistake on other blog entries which is going to take quite a while.
It's probably not that big of a deal, but I am the epitome of a law abiding teacher's pet. Finding out that I broke a rule or that someone is mad at me seriously ruins my entire week.

4) Most everybody left Aberdeen for Christmas, and those that didn’t have left for New Years. It’s quite lonely in the ‘Deen and I’m a bit anxious about how I’m going to spend my time with crummy weather and no housewives to entertain me.

Highs:
1) Spending Christmas with friends. We had plans with friends on both Christmas Eve and Christmas, and if I had to be away from my family this holiday season, I can’t think of anybody else I’d rather spend it with.
My abs seriously hurt from laughing so hard during the festivities.

2) Sunny skies. We had 4 days of sunshine this week; a little island of Vitamin D in a sea of misery. It was great to get out of the house and I spent about 2 hours per day outside with the dogs.
3) Going to see Life of Pi on Boxing Day. I absolutely loved it. The book is a longtime favorite of mine and I was happy to see that the film did it justice. I love metaphors and symbolism and this story delivers on both counts.  Not to mention it was beautifully done. I highly recommend it if you haven’t seen (or read) it yet.
(P.S. I didn't make this poster. I found the image on wikipedia. So if you did make this poster and you are upset about it being on my blog, please take it up with them...)

4) We rearranged the layout of our living room and I love it so much more now.

The only problem is that with the new arrangement, we now have room for a full sized sofa in the bay window.
The sofa saga continues…

What about your Christmas week? Highs and Lows?

2 comments:

  1. Lows: family leaving to go back home. Not having anything dressy that fit to wear for Christmas Eve church. My sister was too sick to hold Mirabell during her visit.

    Highs: All my family came to stay with us for Christmas, which meant Mirabell got to meet her two cousins and both sets of Aunts and Uncles. Watching my 2yr old neice and 4yr old nephew open presents on Christmas day and learn they where going to Disneyland. Brian successfully fried a turkey for Christmas dinner. Very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highs: learning how to make grandma fern's peanut brittle:)

    Lows: Life of Pi wasn't playing at the Lake:(

    ReplyDelete