Friday, October 28, 2011

Progress


My goal is to finish Diana Galbaldon's neverending A Breath of Snow and Ashes by October 31. Currently I am on page 824 of 1158, giving me 4 days to read 334 pages. That's roughly 84 pages each day. I'm optimistic, especially since I've been reading while watching the World Series. With the games averaging about 4 hours each, I should be able to get my quota in during Game 7 tonight. However, I did technically read 3 books during September, so I'll cut myself some slack if this monstrosity takes me a few extra days/months to finish. Other than reading and watching the Cardinals win the World Series, this weekend will be spent at the Texas Renaissance Festival in Magnolia. Saturday is supposed to be 72 degrees and sunny, and I will be enjoying the blissful day with a Turkey Leg in hand.
October has snuck by me. I am pretty late in ordering my monthly shipment of books and their estimated date of arrival is not until November 3. I decided to reward myself after sprinting through a 1158 page historical novel by finally reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I've heard it's a great novel for escapism and I can't wait to dive in.

Also on the list for November is The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova as well as A Modern Girl's Bible Study by Jennifer Hatmaker. Since I've been spending so much time reading A Breath Of Snow and Ashes, I've been really slacking on my Bible studying. And feeling really convicted about it. I could have definitely read the New Testament by now.
I have been crazy busy this month, traveling both to St. Louis and Lake Conroe twice. Hopefully November will be a bit more relaxing, with the first 3 weekends spent at home in Houston. Then its off to Louisiana for Thanksgiving and, more importantly, the LSU vs. Arkansas game. Can I get a "Geaux Tigers"?
It'll be my first game back in Death Valley since graduating 3 years ago and I cannot wait! Then the next weekend it is off to San Francisco for a mini-vacay with the hubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment